Why should I outsource my payroll?
Outsourcing payroll is not right for every business. There are pros and cons to outsourcing your payroll as well as doing it yourself. Check out this article to see the benefits of outsourcing payroll vs keeping it in house.
Why Paper Trails?
Paper Trails helps relieve small businesses’ financial preparation headaches and allows you to work smarter no matter your size. We are a local small business without an 800 number that consists of a team of fun and local experts purveying convenient, high tech, compliant services. From running payroll, to bookkeeping and benefit administration, we allow you to handle the work, while we handle the paperwork.
You can also check out the top reasons business choose us as their trusted payroll and HR specialist.
How much does it cost to outsource my payroll?
How do I handle the new W4?
Watch the above video to learn how to fill out the new W4.
The majority of people will only need to fill out Step 1 of the new W4. Steps 2, 3 and 4 are for those with unique tax situations or those doing specific tax planning. These steps will not apply to most individuals.
What is isolved?
isolved is the payroll platform that houses all employee payroll, human resources, timekeeping, and benefits records for your employer.
What is myhrstuff.com?
myhrstuff.com is the employee-facing self-service website where you can review pay stubs, update direct deposit records, request time off, enroll in benefits, and more.
Where do employees log in?
Be sure you’re at the correct login: http://www.myhrstuff.com
What is employee self-service?
Self-service, through myhrstuff.com, gives employees the ability to manage all aspects of their payroll account. Employees can update their personal information, change direct deposit accounts, view and print paystubs and W2s, clock in and out (if applicable), and submit expense reimbursements (if applicable). Learn more here about using self-service.
How do I set my account up for the first time?
When your employer adds you to the system, you will receive an activation email from email@example.com. This activation link is only good for 72 hours, so don’t wait to activate your account.
- Click the authentication link in the email.
- The authorization code you’ll need is the last 4 digits of your social security number.
- Create a secure password (put it somewhere safe).
If you did not activate your self-service account within 72 hours of receiving the activation email, please contact your employer to have the activation link re-sent to you.
I forgot my password. What do I do?
Neither Paper Trails nor your employer can reset your password; you must use the Forgot Password utility in iSolved.
My account is locked, what do I do?
If your self-service account is locked, contact your employer to have them unlock your account for you. Once your account is unlocked, follow the “Forgot Password” wizard to reset your password.
My employee is locked out, how do I unlock their account?
Employees locking themselves out of their self-service account is a common problem. Follow these steps to unlock their account:
- In the isolved admin view, navigate to Employee Management > Employee Maintenance > General
- Choose the correct employee.
- On the right side of the screen, under Self-Service Information, uncheck the box labeled “Self-Service Account Locked”. Hit save.
How do I download this to my phone?
It’s easy to add isolved to the home screen of your phone!
- Navigate to myhrstuff.com.
- Click the “up arrow” at the bottom of your screen.
- Choose “Add to Home Screen” to save it to the home screen of your phone.
- Click “add” and this will be on your home screen as an app.
How do I add my direct deposit account?
Adding or editing a direct deposit account is simple!
- Visit myhrstuff.com.
- Click “direct deposit” under the pay and tax menu.
- Click the “add new button” to add a new account or the 3 dots in the top right to edit an existing account.
- Enter the routing and account numbers.
- Click “save”.
How do I clock in and out?
It’s easy to clock in and out on isolved Time!
- Open the app on your mobile device.
- Hit the pink clock icon in the bottom right of the screen.
- Choose a labor group or department if needed.
- Click save to clock in!
- Click the pink clock icon again to clock out.
- Hit save and you are clocked out!
How do employees manage time off in isolved?
Managing time off as an employee is easy with isolved. Everything can be found under “time off” menu, which is located under the “time and attendance” menu. Here you can request time off, view your PTO balances, check upcoming time off, and see the full details of your PTO plan. Check out the video above for more information!
How do I edit my employee’s time?
Editing an employee’s time entries in isolved Time is easy! Check out the above video to see how!
How do I access my W2?
It’s easy to access your W2!
- Navigate to myhrstuff.com.
- Click the menu icon in the top left of the screen.
- Choose “Year-end tax forms” under the Pay and Tax Menu.
- Click “W2” and this will open a copy of your W2.
- Download or print your W2 if you wish!
What tools are available to employees with mobile self service?
Employees can access all available tools on their mobile device including things like punching in and out, viewing time cards, viewing and printing their paystubs and W2s, electronic onboarding, enrolling in benefits, and more!
What tools are available to managers with mobile self service?
Managers can manage people, time, PTO, expenses, and more right on their mobile device!
How do I setup a new employee?
Adding a new employee into isolved is easy. Follow along with the video above, or fill out this paperwork and send it along to your payroll processor for help!
How do I set my employees up for self-service on myhrstuff.com?
There are just a few easy steps to enable self service for your employees. Check out the above video for help with this. Once enabled, your employees can log in to their account at myhrstuff.com.
How do I rehire a terminated employee in isolved?
This can be done in two easy steps:
- Navigate to Employee Management > Employee Summary. In the Status column, select the filter symbol and choose terminated. This will bring up a list of all employees that have been terminated in the system.
- Once you have found the employee you need to rehire, click the employee’s name. In the Left Menu bar navigate to Employee Management > Employee Maintenance > General. Then hit the Rehire button in the top black menu bar and enter the effective date of rehire.
Can I preview my payroll before submitting it?
Yes! There are multiple reports you can view before processing payroll to make sure it is accurate! View this guide to learn more about these reports!
How do I access my quarterlies?
For your convenience, quarterly reports such as 941s, State withholdings, and Unemployment reports are available online in isolved. Find out how to access them here.
How do I upload employee documents (licenses, certifications, etc)
All of these items can be tracked using the isolved Human Resource Management tool. Navigate to Client Management > HR Management > Training and Development. Once here, you can add the appropriate items you need to track. Items such as:
- CPR Training
- Commercial Drivers License
- Masters Degree
- Tip Certification
- A certain skill
- And much more
After you have set up the categories that your business needs, it is time to add your employee’s documents, licenses, etc. Navigate to Employee Management > Human Resources > Training and Development. Hit the “Add New” button and select the appropriate item from the drop-down menu.
Custom email alerts can also be set up to notify you, managers, supervisors, and employees when the expiration date is approaching. This way, there will not be a period of time when employees do not have the proper trainings or certifications up-to-date, enhancing compliance for your business.
How can I conduct employee reviews in isolved?
To conduct employee reviews, first navigate to Client Management > HR Management > Performance.
Here, you can customize some options on how you would like your reviews to work. You can customize things such as:
- Types of employee reviews (i.e. 90 day, annual, etc)
- Who conducts reviews (i.e. employee self-review, supervisor, manager)
- Questions asked in review
- Rating system for each question in the review
- And more
Once you have your reviews customized to your business’ needs, navigate to Employee Management > Human Resources > Performance > Add Review to begin the review process.
Watch the video below for more help with Employee Reviews within isolved!
Where can I get help on how to use the isolved system?
Whether you are new to isolved or have been using it for years, the isolved University has wonderful classes for you to learn how to best navigate and manage the isolved platform.
What labor law posters do I need to display?
There are numerous labor law posters that businesses need to have access to and place in areas where employees can see them. You can get copies of these labor law posters here.
How can I get help with HR related issues?
Whether you are having issues with employee relations, policy development, training programs, or compliance, Paper Trails is now offering HR consulting services for your business!